Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How Fertile Will You Be After D And C

Weiwei

applies in modern standard German, the occurrence of two negatives in a sentence rather than strengthen the negation. The two negatives cancel each other: I never

no complaints.
=
I still have any complaints.
not = I have never had any complaints.

the keys I can never find anywhere else.
=
I can find the key somewhere.
not = I can never find the key somewhere.

No one has not accepted the invitation.
=
All have accepted the invitation.
= not Nobody accepted the invitation.
He did not warn you
for nothing.
= He has for you something (better: for good reason) warned.

is often a relative with the double negation related before combination. It consists of the negation word not a word with a negative meaning. Such combinations have the importance of a cautious affirmation: I do not

reluctantly.
= I do quite like.

He does not look bad.
= He looks pretty good.

you followed the call is not without interest. =
the conversation followed with some interest.

A special kind of double negation are combinations of one said no law and one with not denied, that before, before, or initiated by the subordinate clause. The clause is a condition rather than a set of clauses::

I pay nothing until I get a detailed statement.
= I pay when I receive a detailed statement.

See Time clauses, Negates with conditional meaning: before, before to.


http://www.trafficzap.com/exchange/index.php?rid=77452

0 comments:

Post a Comment